Camowen Parnership is a Community Organisation which was founded in 1996. Camowen Partnership is a not-for-profit organisation with Charitable Status, Charity No. NIC103789, we focus on ways of enabling the local population to continue to live in the area, through the development and implementation of a range of projects, which seek to reduce isolation, unemployment, poverty and the outward flow of young people. The Camowen area spans 100 square miles and is located centrally in Mid Ulster, which falls into the Omagh District Council area. It is defined by the catchment of the Camowen River.
The Charity’s objects are to benefit the inhabitants of the Camowen River catchment area and its environs without distinction of gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, race, ethnicity, or political, religious or other opinion and in particular to:
- provide affordable childcare and promote good health for children and parents;
- advance education and training and raise awareness of and interest in important issues by organising and/or providing vocational and non-vocational courses, seminars, lectures and discussions;
- relieve those in need by reason of social and economic circumstances, disabilities or special needs or other disadvantage;
- promote good community relations and cross community integration by organising activities and events.
Camowen Partnership manage and are involved in the below projects:
- Camowen Farmers Combined
- Camowen Smart Kids Carrickmore
- Camowen Smart Kids Beragh
Please see further Details in Projects.